Ok--for those of you who know me well, this will need little explanation. Actually, anyone living in today's society should completely understand why I have made these changes. I have a dear sweet friend who has a precious blog. Well, scarily enough, she began to get comments from someone she didn't know. Now--I realize this happens all the time as we women compliment each other's home decor, rennovations, and projects, but that is not what I am talking about. She ended up making her blog private. I let this creep me out a little bit! I am just trying to post things about my life and kids so that my friends and family can keep up with us, and so my sweet children will have this to look back at. (I know I am rambling, but stay with me--there is a point to all of this, and I will get there eventually). As I was talking to this friend of mine, she brought to my attention that in the title of my blog I had my family's full names. This would allow some cyber freak to be inappropriate and that just makes my skin crawl!! But the truth is--that is the world in which we live--a world which--by the way--needs JESUS!! I have removed my last name from our blog. I do know that several of the blogs I link to and follow have last names listed. I am not suggesting that you have to change it, I am simply asking you to really think about whether that is something that seems like a good idea. I love each of you and don't want anyone to have any problems with someone using this in an inappropriate way!! Just be careful that you don't put enough info or pictures that could allow some sick-o to find you! I know--some of you have already quit reading and are looking up the number to the looney bin. I know it may seem overly paranoid, but when it comes to my family and friends--better safe than sorry! I hope you all understand and will consider measures to keep your family safe in our blogland!! Feel free to leave comments and let me know what you think!!
On another note--things are CRAZY busy here! I will post with pics early next week when things slow down. (Wait a minute--maybe that is why I can't keep up with this blog thing is because I am always waiting for things to calm down!!)
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
This has always been a concern of ours. Things will change over at ours soon. Thank you Jill, for being you!
JILL!!!!
Please dont leave the blog world!! I really never thought about that, I guess we just figure the world is not that sick :( sad. This is how I keep up with you and many of our old BUNKO group! Miss you and think of you more than you know! Prayin for those sick kids and your skin situation. Miss you!
Ryane
is this why Carrie's blog is now read by invite only??!!
A blogger friend of mine warned me about using names as I started mine this past week. She uses nicknames for her family on hers, and encouraged me to do the same. I have, and am glad now that I read your story! I'd hate to have to stop blogging just as I'm getting started; would hate it even more if someone put my family in danger because of something i wrote.
It's too bad that the world we live in is a fallen one. Darn you Eve and Adam! One simple rule... ;)
Post a Comment