As you can see--it is a family affair. The kids were very excited and Jason was proud. Yes--I did kill this deer all by myself. I called Jason after I shot him and he brought the kids out. Several people have a hard time believing that I hunt by myself, but--'tis true!!
Monday, November 24, 2008
Deer Slayer!
Please note--this post is NOT for anyone who is opposed to deer hunting. For everyone else, you should know that I finally got a deer! I shot this 10 point on Saturday, November 22. He has 2 broken tines so you can only see 8! I am SO pumped! The head and horns are already at the taxidermist!! We do eat venison for those who are wondering. This year we will be processing our own meat!! How about that for living off the land!! Anyway--if you are interested in statistics he was 17 3/4 inches inside. I am proud--it is the biggest one I have shot so far.


As you can see--it is a family affair. The kids were very excited and Jason was proud. Yes--I did kill this deer all by myself. I called Jason after I shot him and he brought the kids out. Several people have a hard time believing that I hunt by myself, but--'tis true!!
As you can see--it is a family affair. The kids were very excited and Jason was proud. Yes--I did kill this deer all by myself. I called Jason after I shot him and he brought the kids out. Several people have a hard time believing that I hunt by myself, but--'tis true!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



12 comments:
Wow!!! Look at you! Congratulations! Google Cracker Barrel Hashbrowns! So easy! So yummy!
Jill, that's insane! I'm jealous. Dan will be so proud of you! Email me a picture at snewton@madisonvillecisd.org so I can tease him with it! S
Dawson is WWAAAYYY impressed. He and Jason are going hunting Thursday and Friday. Hopefully we'll have some pictures of our own to share. Call me when the sausage is ready...I'll even do the dishes!!!
Ill do the dishes Shanna and come visit you two just eat the sausage. I am so proud...now my calls cant be "did you shoot one today???".....guess I will have to think up something else to talk to you about. Tee Hee!
congrats jill!! now its up to me to bag one...us gal texas trophy hunters gotta stick together!!
my word verification struck me funny.. sessesse
we some sessesse deer hunta's!!! haha
All right, Jill! I am so excited for you. Paint party soon, bring deer sausage balls!
You go girl! Y'all look like a very HAPPY deer family :) I know that is exciting!
I picked the exact same background and then changed it.....looks cute!!
I can see the whole cute background. Hope you can too!
Sharing cleaning recipes would be great fun and benefit our families. Maybe we could make a batch of laundry detergent at the party.
CONGRATULATIONS! Brian killed a 7 point this year and he's goin Friday w/ a friend from church...they are "runnin dogs"....needless to say he's super excited about that. He tried to talk me into going out over thankgiving but i regretfully declined. i'll go w/ him but not confindent in myself at this point going by myself. we wouldn't want to have a footless me running around. haha.
love your blog and i've been stopping by for about a month now. i'm not a "commenter" just a blog stalker...hahaha.
O.k., while I will say congratulations I also have to say.....EWWWW!
I think I've lived in Fort Worth too long.
I do not know ONE single person, man or woman, who hunts anything here.
That is absurd considering what I grew up with.
I can't believe you hunt alone. And you got that sucker fair and square. Next time, you make up the best story you can think of and tell it. You hunt alone...therefore you can LIE.
Oh, and you better get to shining your sink girl....
Post a Comment