Friday, November 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Jake!!

It is so hard to believe that Jake is 3!!! It seems like only yesterday we were bringing him home as a newborn! He really is getting big--and is very smart (I know I am biased, but really, he IS very smart! He really had fun at his party!! It was a camo theme, so we all wore camo and had camo decorations. This worked perfectly since it was opening day of deer season too!



I made him chocolate cupcakes with camo icing. He could hardly wait to blow out his candles!!! He insisted on singing Happy Birthday, even though Jenna desperately tried to explain that you don't sing when it is your birthday.



What would a party be without a pinata, right?? He picked out an army man wearing Camo. It took several tries and finally it fell and candy was everywhere!! They each had their loot bags and worked hard to gather it!!!



He loved opening his presents! I think this was the first year he really understood. Of course each time he would open one he would start to play with it and really not be interested in opening any more presents--until he opened the next one and it started over again!! We love you Jake and are so proud of you!!

3 comments:

Lacy said...

So sorry we were not there. Looks like a perfect little boy birthday. Happy Birthday Jake!

Sada said...

so fun!! Our babies are growing up :( What a great theme!

Lacy said...

Hello out there!!!!! I know your reading....where are you?