Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy 5th Birthday Jenna!!







It is so hard to believe, but my sweet baby girl is growing up!! Jenna turned 5 on September 14th. We had a party all planned for Saturday the 13th. We invited a few friends and the plan was to meet at the CS Chick-Fil-A. Sadly though, Ike had other plans. Who would have thought that having planned an INDOOR birthday party I would have to watch the weather and try to get a "Plan B'?? We decided Thursday that we should cancel Saturday's party because Hurricane Ike was heading straight for us and they (the weather gurus) were saying the worst of it would be Saturday. I called some of my closest friends and asked if they could come over Friday morning for a last minute shindig. Somehow I doubted that my 5 year old would understand not getting to celebrate her birthday. They agreed!! I frantically tried to get some type of something resembling a party thrown together in just a few short hours. Jenna and I made her cupcakes that night before bed. We decided we would order pizza for lunch for the kids the next day. Even though I have a tendency to stress about parties (surprising--I know), it all seemed to come together and I think the kids had a great time. The kids played outside--jumped on the trampoline, played on the swing set and in the playhouse. Then we came in for lunch, presents and cake. I couldn't resist taking a picture of them on the upside down trampoline. We flipped it in preparation for the Hurricane. What a memory!! Just think--at this point, we had no idea what Ike had in store for us!!

2 comments:

Lacy said...

You look so pretty in that picture....(That I took) Hee Hee :) I love the updates already!!!! One favor please...even with my glasses I think you may want to make the font an inseesy, weensy tiny bit bigger. If you need a tutor on that I am just a ringy dingy away!!!Now rule #2 if you expect comments and you have a blog, you now have to give comments. Just kidding (sort of)Love you.I was going to call back, but it is 10:05 and I just sat down!!

Hillary said...

What a fun day! We love all of you.