Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Very Cool Find!!

You might be asking yourself why in the world I would post a picture of my toilet. Well....I found something so cool. Until now, I had a ring around where the water is in my toilet. No matter what cleaners I used, it looked like a nasty ring and I hated it because my toilet never looked clean. Then a friend told me that her plumber told her about something called a "Scouring Stick". I thought to myself that one day I would try to find the time to see if I could find one. Well, this weekend, as I was grocery shopping at Super Wal-Mart, there they were--hanging on an end cap. It was only $1.88 so of course--I grabbed it.

I got it home and was super excited. It is like a pumice stone. It works better when it is wet. We have those toilets that save water (don't know the official term) so the bowl is not full of water. I got it wet and began to scrub. The stain came right off!!! I am so excited!! For those of you who never got to see the unsightly 'ring around the toilet' please use your imagination. For those of you who did--you can appreciate with me the true miracle working power of the Scouring Stick. I wish I would have thought to take a before picture, but who would have thought that would ever be something I would want ANYONE to see!! I also bought one for my mom. She is going to use it on her toilet that is stained from leaving a cleaner on it too long. (Go figure that leaving a cleaner on could stain your bowl. I would have thought the longer you leave it on, the harder it works and the cleaner the potty--but no!!) Maybe she will let me take a pic of hers before so I can show you the difference it makes. I highly recommend this product to anyone that might be excited about clean potties (as sad as this may seem!!)

3 comments:

Sandel said...

I will have to try this out

Michelle said...

One of our toilets has one too. I'm SO gonna go tomorrow and get one of those!

Lacy said...

My mom uses those! I need to try it...you have one clean potty!