Friday, March 6, 2009

I'm Still Here

I know I have been a terrible blogger. Things have been crazy to say the least. I am posting this for 2 reasons. First so you can know why I haven't post in so long, and secondly to ask you to pray for our family. On Wednesday, Feb. 25th, I got a call while I was at Church that my grandmother had suffered a stroke. I wasn't that worried at the time, but decided I would head over to see her. She was also having seizures--which she has never had before. I was unprepared--to say the least--to see her. She looked terrible. It was a LONG night. The doctor told us it was a massive stroke and she wouldn't be surprised if she didn't survive the night. Well--here we are a little over a week later and she has done much more than just survive. Initially it seemed as though she would be paralyzed on her left side and that her speech would be permenantly affected. She has surprised everyone. She now has movement of her entire body and has regained her speech. She remains somewhat confused, but even that seems to be progressing. This has been very hard on everyone. She and my grandfather will celebrate their 62nd wedding anniversary on the 14th of this month. As you can imagine, this is hard on him as well. Yesterday they moved her to a nursing home. There she will receive therapy and hopefully regain her strength enough to return home. Will you please pray for our family? More than anything, I do not want her to feel alone, or that we put her in a nursing home to die. I will post again when things calm down somewhat!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about your Grandmother, but I am glad that she doing so much better! You and your family will be in my prayers!

Steph said...

let me say...WOW! my mawmaw - my mom's mom. suffered a stroke and never came out of it.

i am soooo excited for you and your family. i know that sounds weird. but to hear of someone of that age coming out of a massive stroke and making such awesome improvements. very encouraging.

Steph said...

wait wait wiat. hello.

my mom's grandmother on her moms side.

crap. Doris' mom.

Swizz said...

Is this your mom's mom or your dad's mom? Not that it REALLY matters, just curious.

Jill, I know this is so tough for you and your family. We will definitely pray hard! What a blessing that you have grandparents still living and your kiddos get a chance to know their GREAT grandparents. That is very special.

Hang in their...we will all be patient as we wait to hear more news.

Anonymous said...

Jill, I will be saying prayers for your family! She sounds like such a strong woman!

Michelle said...

Jill, ALL of you will be in my prayers!

Sada said...

I will pray Jill -- bless all of their hearts including yours. I'm sorry you have gone through such a hard time. Death and illness are so difficult to take. Love you!

Ryane said...

Jill you are so strong, I know you will get trough this. In the meantime, I will pray for peace for you and your family. Your grandmother in in my prayers!